Forum > General Tech

Looking for some place around town that works on old bronco

(1/3) > >>

K9KITT:
Want to start doing some upgrades to my 75 bronco. I haven't done much to it in the past couple of years and I'm ready to start doing some upgrades. I'm thinking about starting with a hydroboost power brake system. Right now it has power front disk brakes and drums in the back. Anyone know who might could install this and is it a good thing to start with or should I  start with upgrading the steering which is another thing I want to upgrade?

JustaFordGuy:
Give us a little more detail on your Bronco. You say it has power disk now which is fine for stock size tires of just a few sizes larger. If you have tires over 35" the hydroboost would be a great upgrade. As far as steering go it also depends on what suspension you have, if stock up to about 2.5" the stock steering works fine, if you have 3.5" or more lift you will need to modify some things. Also front end bushings make a huge difference in the way the truck will steer/handle.

Ghamit:
I'm also looking for a reliable/reasonable mechanic around town.  I have a 74 stock bronco.  I enjoy working on it myself.  I've replaced fuel tanks, bearings, master cylinder, brake pads, brake lines, etc. but still so much to do and I don't have time these days.  Any suggestions?

JustaFordGuy:
I know of a few good shops, let me know exactly what you need done.

Ghamit:
For starters:

Mechanical
Replace rest of fuel lines.  replace exhaust.  compression testing.
I have original brakes, so put something better in. Disk? or power brake system.
see if the steering can be tightened up any.

body
replace rockers.  replace driver floor pan.  align doors to close properly and install the weather stripping. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version