Forum > Builds/Projects

Hard Top Resto

(1/2) > >>

JustaFordGuy:
I'm in the middle of a hard top restoration. I have sandblasted the top and coated it with POR15 rust treatment. I also filled the rain gutter with a cool self leveling seam sealer called Evercoat Maxim 824. This stuff is expensive but it's really cool stuff. it's a two part epoxy type stuff that is in an odd two piece tube. You use a caulking gun to apply. Just level the top and fill in the gutter. It starts out like syrup and flows/levels itself out. It hardens up in about 10 minutes. It's like hard rubber when it's cured.

I will finish coating the top with bed liner today and install tomorrow. I also have to insulate the inside before I install. I'll post up some pictures when I'm done.

JustaFordGuy:
I got the top finished and installed. I used 3 different types of insulation. First I used a Butyl rubber with a foil backing. This stuff works great to absorb sound and vibration. Next I used a layer or foam backed foil. This help insulate heat and cold. Last I used a 1/2" sheet of foam insulation board. It fits perfect between the roof and the headliner.  I'll take some pictures this afternoon.

JustaFordGuy:
Here are some pictures of the new top showing the bed liner coating and the filled rain gutters.

BroncoBlair:
so new top has been installed? looks good

JustaFordGuy:
Yep, Dillon and I almost froze doing it but it's done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version