Forum > General Tech

Vintage AC from BC BRONCOS A/C SYSTEM

(1/4) > >>

K9KITT:
I am a new member and just recently bought a 1975 ford Bronco and was thinking about putting in one of theses vintage air system from BC Broncos any recommendation on installers in Tallahassee or anybody that has put one in.

JustaFordGuy:
That's the one I have and I have mixed feelings about it. The compressor bracket that comes with it sucks. There is no way that I have found to get the two belts on it like it should be and with a single belt it will slip. It also makes the power steering belt slip. Also the air flow through the vents that come with the unit is inadequate to keep the evaporator from freezing up. I changed them out with some others I bought and with the new ones and always running floor and dash vents together it will run without freezing and works good. I can answer any other questions you may have about the kit.

I have heard that the larger Vintage air systems directly from VA cool much better but making them fit in an EB takes major fabrication and under dash modifications.

K9KITT:
Sounds like the Vintage air GEN 4 A/C SYSTEM is the one to go with if I can find someone that can do it.
Who did you have install your system?

JustaFordGuy:
Yeah the Gen4 is a much better system but it's not real easy to install in a Bronco. It will take some modifications and some fab work on the top of the cowl area to make it fit. There have been a few write ups about it on classicbroncos.com.

I don't let anyone else work on my Bronco. ;)

lccleaner:
Just put a Gen 4 in mine 2 weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it. The only problem we had was the fan blade would hit the Compressor, so we put a electric Spal fan on and everything is great. I called one of vintage air suppliers on their website and the guy said it would take around 20 hours and they charged $90.00 per hour LOL. I called Ronnie at Lambs Diesel in Lake City and he put it in and done a alignment for less than $500.00

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version