Forum > General Tech

Converting Duraspark Module to GM HEI

(1/5) > >>

lonesouth:
Parallel thread and discussion here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237108

I'm going to make the change, here's the schematics.  Main reason for swapping is that I fried two duraspark modules on saturday and it shouldn't be much work to move some wires since I will already be digging in to see what's wrong.  I'm planning to mount the e-coil and module(with heat sink) on the power steering bracket behind the reservoir.

JustaFordGuy:
A lot of people will mount them in an old Duraspark module housing and use the factory wiring because it makes a good heatsink and you can use a factory module in a pinch.

I still think we should test your current module because I think something else is wrong.

lonesouth:
Feel free to pick it up on your way home after work.  Bronco is sitting in the front yard, old module is behind the back seat.  I'll be home at 6, but have someone coming to look at the car tonight at 6:15. 

I may just take it, the duraspark module, down to autozone.  I read on CB that they may have a tester.

JustaFordGuy:
Can't come by tonight.

Good idea about the tester.

FloridaBronco:
got rid of the duraspark stuff on the 79 and it was more powerful and quicker starting. I just got the Summit racing billet drop in HEi (chevy) distributor. Simple few wires and easy pezy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version