Total Topics: 389
Most Online Today: 9
Most Online Ever: 24
(June 12, 2013, 04:55:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: Mallory Swamp NEW PICS 2-24-2013  (Read 2170 times)

Rev

Mallory Swamp NEW PICS 2-24-2013
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »
Headed over to Mallory Swamp to do a little checking it out. I figure Chipper needs a trail ride and we need to look for more places to ride.
Will take pics but may not be able to upload till tomorrow as I am currently on a connection that is slower than dial up. :o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:56:08 PM by Rev »

Rev

Re: Mallory Swamp
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
Today I decided to bundle up (Yea its cold here)and check out a new area for trail Rides.
Mallory Swamp Wildlife Management Area includes more than 29,000 acres in southeastern Lafayette County, Mallory Swamp is a combination of basin swamp, mixed shrub swamp, and mesic flatwoods. Due to a large wildfire in 2001, much of Mallory Swamp has unique open vistas of natural grassland with scattered pine and cypress trees.

Recreational opportunities include hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, horseback riding, hiking, and biking. Wildlife on the area include white-tailed deer, feral hogs, alligator, black bear, white ibis, wood storks, turkey, limpkins, wood storks, and great blue herons. Within the area are nearly 100 miles of grassy roads.

Yes 100 miles of roads, not the trails that we desire but I wanted to check it out so away I went.

I entered Mallory from the east near Branford, My plan was to drive the roads, errr trails all the way across, approx 17 miles and exit near Mayo. Once I entered I knew this was not going to be a trail ride as much as it was going to be a dirt road ride. The roads are fair, at times rough. Nothing that a 100% stock Bronco with a new paint job would be afraid of. I did notice a few side trails that Crewwzin would bail off into with stretch, so it is not all a Sunday drive.

This area would br a good one for a meet and great picnic area for a gathering that would include a ride thru the area, Bring your Bronco and enjoy the great outdoors in a Bronco. As I said, no matter if you have a garage queen or not no fear of hurting anything on this area UNLESS you bail off onto one of the side trails.

All in all I enjoyed the ride, to me it is not how big the hill, how deep the mud, how stacked the rocks, It is enjoying the great outdoors with my Bronco.

FloridaBronco

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
glad someone finally did a review there! thanks, its not far from me but never make it there. Its open to ATVs too.

Rev

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
Mallory should be a little better as far as being wet as it is raining there right now. Might head back over there Sunday, Will know in the morning.

Rev

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Just verified, I will be headed to Mallory Swamp on Sunday, gonna pack some drinks and snacks and just ride the trails. Would love for some to tag along if you have nothing else planned.

Rev

Re: Mallory Swamp NEW PICS 2-24-2013
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
Had a great time at Mallory today, There was some mud on the trails, not enough to get you in trouble, even with street tires but if you were to venture off the trails a few feet you could have a little fun, and may even need pulled out.
We loaded my cousins 4 wheeler and his 3 kids and off we went.
This trip was more to teach the kids about respecting the land, Use it, not abuse it, and to get them a little seat time on the 4 wheeler.
The oldest boy found out quick he was not as good as he tries to think he is as he hit a mud hole in the trail and came as close to wiping out as I have ever seen anyone without loosing it.
All in all a great time, I think we really need to look at Mallory as a place to have a meet/trail ride/camp out. The trails are nice enough for the street Bronco's to act like the trail buggies, yet not tear anything up. And the ones who want to dive off there are a few spots to make them happy.
The last picture was when we told Ashley we were loading up to come home. She even got a special treat and got to drive the Bronco. If you look close you can see the mud in her ear, she was on the 4 wheeler and got a little to close as I was going thru a mud hole.  ::)

Recent Posts

Our 23 Bronco is finally here!!! by JustaFordGuy
January 20, 2023, 03:00:09 PM

Carburetors by broncobob
May 07, 2022, 12:36:24 PM

Re: Wheels and Water event Marianna Florida by JustaFordGuy
February 06, 2020, 02:32:40 PM

Wheels and Water event Marianna Florida by kat
February 05, 2020, 05:42:45 PM

Re: Frame off Restoration by JustaFordGuy
November 25, 2019, 02:19:42 PM

Frame off Restoration by geofw78