Forum > General Tech

Drive Shafts

(1/1)

JustaFordGuy:
I just want to let you guys know that if you are needing new Drive Shafts to be sure to give Tom Woods a call. He is a great guy and really knows his stuff. I purchased a new rear drive shaft from him a while back and recently noticed a high frequency vibration. I suspected the rear shaft but was surprised because I only had about 1000 miles on it. I pulled it out and found the rear u-joint was damaged. I called Tom and he said that with only 1000 miles it was very odd for u-joint failure on a stock truck. He suggested I may have a yoke problem. He told me how to check it and sure enough the yoke was worn enough to cause the u-joint to bind when bolted up.

Tom sent me two new u-joints (one spare) second day at no charge. I ordered a new forged yoke from JBG and hopefully I'll be good to go. Tom told me to let him know if I had any more trouble. I say that's great customer service. They went over and above.

http://www.4xshaft.com/ 
Tom Woods 877-497-4238

BroncoBlair:
I will call Gary Cook and see if he has a free spare first, but thanks for the info eventually i will need a new one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version