Forum > General Tech

Converting Duraspark Module to GM HEI

<< < (2/5) > >>

lonesouth:
did a little poking around, have 12V at B & C, means coil should be good, dizzy is putting out 5VAC, means it should be good.  Going to pick up another HEI module and TFI coil today.  Really, just suspect the HEI right now.

lonesouth:
picked up a new module and coil at lunch.  got to thinking more about it and a couple things could be at play.  I have 12V at the I on the starter solenoid in run, it should be 0.  The I is not the correct place to get power to the coil because it is only hot in start, not run. 

tonight I'm going to remove the tach wire from the circuit and power the module from the battery.  If that doesn't work, I'm going to replace the coil, and then the module.  If it still doesn't work, I'm going to douse it in gasoline and burn it to the ground.

lonesouth:
I pulled my setup out of the bronco and tested it on the bench using an old 302 duraspark dizzy.  I was able to get spark on the bench, so I know the module and coil are good.  I'm going to pull my dizzy and see if it still works on the bench.  at this point, i think I have a bad pickup coil

FloridaBronco:

--- Quote from: lonesouth on February 12, 2014, 03:01:48 PM ---picked up a new module and coil at lunch.  got to thinking more about it and a couple things could be at play.  I have 12V at the I on the starter solenoid in run, it should be 0.  The I is not the correct place to get power to the coil because it is only hot in start, not run. 

tonight I'm going to remove the tach wire from the circuit and power the module from the battery.  If that doesn't work, I'm going to replace the coil, and then the module.  If it still doesn't work, I'm going to douse it in gasoline and burn it to the ground.

--- End quote ---

or you could give it to me. I do think you are over thinking this. for $100 you can get simple set up and no issues again.

JustaFordGuy:
Less than a $100, I already posted a link for a new 1 wire heI dist with plug wires for $60. ;)

You can test the pickup with a volt meter.

You are correct about the I terminal on the solenoid, it should only have power during start. Is the power coming from the wire or the solenoid?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version