Forum > General Tech

Power Brake Booster issues

(1/2) > >>

geofw78:
I am experiencing complete loss of power brakes from my TBP No Modify Brake Booster system. Everything was working fine until I had to come to a fast stop on a down hill slope when I heard a knock/pop under the hood. Ever since then no power brakes just manual brakes.

I have checked all hoses and connections and everything seams fine. Has anyone ever experienced these issues before?  Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to painfully disconnect the booster system?

JustaFordGuy:
That's an odd one. Have you checked the main vacuum hose for vacuum? pull it off at the booster and see if it has vacuum. If it does the most likely the problem is the booster diaphragm. How old is the booster?

geofw78:
If my memory serves me well I believe that I bought and installed the booster system last December. I need to call TBP and get the exact date. There might be a warranty here!

geofw78:
Yes the vacuum level is very good. This means that it is a internal issue. It will probably be a $2 valve/seal that will cost me a future to figure out! UGH!!

JustaFordGuy:
You can buy rebuild kits for the booster if needed but hopefully it's under warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version